The Future in 15 Years

I think the environmental state of our Earth will probably hit a critical state, lots more weather fluctuations, stronger natural disasters, all that sort. 

I recently saw news that in India, there are already bars that will sell people "pollution-free" oxygen in cans, which sounded bizarre (it still does), but I think in 15 years it might not sound so strange anymore. In fact, with the rise of air pollution recently, the shock of that particular news has already worn off and settled into a strange sort of reluctant acceptance. I could even envision a future where everyone might be wearing oxygen masks, or something to filter out the polluted air. Maybe they'll even be government sanctioned. 

I feel like politics will also be more turbulent. In America, conservatives and liberals are already so polarized and I don't think that will necessarily improve. In a society where information becomes quick and I think will probably only come quicker, people are also assuming things at quicker rate as well. People read misleading news titles and take them as fact and no one wants to be wrong, so once someone feels they've made an opinion, no one wants to back down from it. 

In 50 years, I think lots of land mass will have disappeared and people will start moving to the central parts of their respective countries. Coasts will probably have moved far along, maybe Japan may be on the verge of disappearing. 

Due to the mass influx of people coming in from the coasts, there will probably be a spike in housing prices which will probably lead to more homelessness. Classism is already a big issue, but I think gaps will only become larger and the middle class will probably face a lot if struggle, trying to climb higher, but will probably see themselves becoming more poor. 

I also think in 50 years I may be just. Dead. 

Comments

Popular Posts